From Joseph Amedu, Lokoja
The Kogi state government has declared that there is no any case of Coronavirus infection in the state but had taken precautionary measures to put in place isolation Centres at the Specialist Hospital and Federal Medical Center in Lokoja in the eventuality of the spread of the virus.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary, Kogi State Ministry of Health for the Hon. Commissioner, Dr. Saka Haruna and made available to our Correspondent on Monday.
According to the statement the development followed a confirmation of one case of Corona virus in Lagos State.
The commissioner therefore advised citizens of Kogi state to avail themselves of the following preventive tips to halt the spread of the dreaded virus.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water and use Alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain at least 1.5m (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Persons with persistent cough and sneezing should stay home and avoid mixing in crowd.
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene by covering mouth and nose with a handkerchief or tissue then dispose the used tissue immediately.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell with symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing.
- Do not engage in self -medication.
- Ministry of Health is on top of the situation and encourages members of the public to go about their legitimate business.
- Report any suspected case to the State Ministry of Health.
In case of any suspected case call any of the following numbers: 08064469625; 07067918835; 08030607102; 08034732988; 08076288933