Army Blames Faulty Electrical Installations for Fire at H/quarters

 

By Ayo Kehinde.

The Nigerian Army Director of Public Relations, Brigadier General Mohammed Yerimah, has said the cause of the inferno at its Headquarters on Tuesday was caused by faulty electrical installations.

Yerima in a statement said, “Electrical fault sparked a minor fire incident at the Army Headquarters Complex, Abuja, Tuesday morning.

“The incident which happened at about 10.15 am was as a result of minor electrical fault in one of the offices.

“The Army Headquarters complex is currently undergoing some renovation involving electrical rework.

“The Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire. No casualty was recorded during the incident and normalcy has since returned to the complex.”