Gunmen Attack: I5 Die As Plateau Imposes Curfew in Two LGAs



Yakubu Busari, Jos



The Plateau State  Government has imposed  6pm to 6am curfew in two Local Government  Areas of the state, Jos North and Jos South  following  attacks by gunmen that left some 15 persons dead.


To stop the further breakdown  of law and order, the governor had to issue the directive with  immediate  effect, asking the people to remain  calm and  report  any suspicious  movement  to the law enforcement  agents.


Secretary  of the state Government , Richard  Tokma who  signed  the statement on Friday said “Governor Simon Lalong has approved the imposition of a dusk-to-dawn curfew in the two local government areas with immediate effect, ” he said.

At least no fewer than  15 persons   were reportedly  killed as at Thursday  night  by a group  of unknown  assailant with nine members of one family  dead in the attack in Bassa Local Government.


A group  of heavily aimed men took advantage of the downpour  that  lasted  several  hours    to unleash  mayhem  on the  poor defenseless  civilian  at Majijin village,  leaving  deaths in their trail.

However, there was violent protest that  marred  Rukuba Road/ Gada Biyu area suburbs  of Jos North  LGA  on Friday morning following the killing of fifteen  persons  in Capro, a community in Rukuba Road by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

Information  available  to our medium  revealed  that  Gada Biyu Police Outpost was touched by the protesters while two tri-cycles popularly known as Keke NAPEP were burnt to ashes.

The aggrieved  protesters torched  shops along Gada Biyu down to Rukuba Road were seen locked while parents and guardians withdrew their wards from schools.

The situation was almost getting out of hand until the re-enforcement of joint security operatives who adopted high professional method to take control of the situation.

The incident occurred at about 8PM yesterday when attackers suspected to be Fulani invaded the community and attacked three houses killing fourteen people of which nine were from one family.

The protest was staged against the observed laxity of the security operatives who on arrival at the scene of the scene  began indiscriminate arrest of innocent mourners. All efforts to speak with the STF spokesman, Major Umar proved abortive as his number wasn’t going through.


However, spokesman  of the  State Command of the Nigeria Police, DSP Mathias  Tyovex says  after receiving the report, the police mobilised Patrol Teams immediately to the scene of crime.


Some victims of the arrack are currently receiving treatment at Bingham University Teaching Hospital, Jos