Suarez tips the ball over Courtois
A Messi-less Barcelonia team mauled visiting Real Madrid 5-1 in what would enter the books as one of the best el-clasico victory for the home side with Luis Suarez scoring a hat-trick.
Manager Julen Lopetegui, former Sapin boss who was fired during the World Cup reportedly for clash of interest seems to be at another end of his job that he grab in preference for coaching the former world champion at the 2018 world cup in Russia as the huge defeat leave Madrid adrift in the ninth position on the table
Following Suarez’s brilliant performance, Philippe Coutinho and Arturo Vidal added two to complete the rout.
Marcelo managed to pull one back, not even face- saving enough.
* See Match statistics By BBC – Suarez follows Romario and Ronaldinho
- Excluding Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez is the first Barcelona player to score a hat-trick in El Clasico in La Liga since Romario in 1994.
- Also not counting Messi, Suarez is the first Barcelona player to score a penalty in El Clasico since Ronaldinho in April 2006.
- There were 30 passes in the build-up to Philippe Coutinho’s goal for Barcelona against Real Madrid, the most of any goal in El Clasico in La Liga since at least 2005-06.
- Real Madrid have conceded five goals in a competitive game for the first time since November 2010 against Barcelona in La Liga (5-0).
- Barcelona are unbeaten in each of their past 42 league games at the Nou Camp in (W34 D8), their longest such run since February 1977 (67).
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez has scored nine league goals against Real Madrid since his debut in the competition during 2014-15, more than any other player in that time.
- Barcelona have scored in each of their past 22 league games against Real Madrid in La Liga (53 goals total), equalling the best scoring record in El Clasico history in the competition – Real Madrid (22 games between 1959 and 1969).
- Real Madrid have failed to win in their past five La Liga games (D1 L4), their worst run in the competition since May 2009 under Juande Ramos (five defeats).
- Marcelo has scored in three consecutive games for Real Madrid for the first time ever in all competitions.
- Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has conceded 19 goals against Barcelona in La Liga, more than against any other side in the competition.