Yakubu Busari, Jos
The Plateau state Police Command of the Nigeria Police Force have paraded 19 persons in connection with the Commands’ investigations so far, in respect of the suspicious disappearance and death of Major General Idris Mohammed Alkali Rtd.
Briefing journalists at the command headquarters on Sunday, the command PPRO ,Mathias Tyovex told journalists that the retired General left Abuja for Bauchi enroute Jos on September 3 and was reported missing three days later as he did not arrive his destination. The case was reported at the Anglo-Jos, Police Division on September 3
According to him, the tracking of his phones, vehicle and laptop led detectives alongside the military to a pond in Dura-DU in Jos South Area of Plateau State. On 29/09/2018, the car driven by the missing General was recovered at the pond
He said: “On October 17, the Military handed over thirteen (13) suspects arrested in connection with this case to the Plateau State Police Command for investigations
“After a painstaking interrogation, the Command declared eight(8) suspects wanted on the October 17. So far, six(6) out of the eight (8) have reported while two (2) are still at large, he concluded and then reeled out the names and culpability of the suspects.
Below are the initial thirteen (13) suspects taken over from the Military and their levels of involvement so far.
- Pam Chuwang Kim ‘m’ 32yrs
- Knew about the incident and is said to have been at Lapande with other youths.
- Pam Chuwang Dung 19yrs
- Knew about the incident
- One of the Rampaging youth of 03/09/2018
- He was at Lapande on 03/09/2018 with other youth.
- Michael James ‘m 22yrs
- Resides in Doi village
- Witnessed the incident
- Saw when and how the General was killed.
- Knows the people that killed the General.
- Concealed the information until his arrest
- Dung Pam ‘m’ 26yrs
- A youth in Doi community
- Arrested in possession of a Revolver Pistol with one (1) round of ammunition
- John Alkali ‘m’ 21yrs.
- Arrested with a locally made gun with one(1) round of live ammunition.
- Rebecca Gyang Pam ‘f 35yrs
- Resides in Doi village.
- One of the women that protested against the draining of the pond where the missing General’s car was recovered
- Did everything to conceal the crime and pervert the course of justice
- Yohanna Dung ‘m’ 61yrs
- A carpenter by profession
- Arrested by the Military during search and rescue.
- Stanley Onuchukwu ‘m’ 34yrs
- Owns and operates a block industry beside the pond in Dura where the car was recovered.
- Had the information about the pushing of the missing General’s car into the pond from his employees
- He concealed the information until his arrest.
- Nenfa jwanan ‘m’ 22yrs
- Employed by Stanley Onuchukwu ‘m’ at the block industry